Friday, October 5, 2012

Saint Dympna.....Patron Saint for mental disorders and depression

The past year has been a  roller coaster.   Thank you Nanette for inspiring me to keep posting.   I decided to go with St. Dymphna, the patron saint of depression. 
Her story, like so many saints, is that her father started to desire her, after her mother died.  She fled but her father caught up to her, and he killed her.   Her miracles happened after her death.  Very interesting.

Been doing some soul searching this year.  I have decided to stop volunteering and focus on health.  In the past 2 months i have been in and out of the doctors for sonograms and testing and finally a biopsy for fear of uterine cancer.   It was not cancer...thank God.

I have lost several freindships recently.  I am not the friend they thought I could be for them.  I struggle with this, as it seems being myself is what they didn't care for.    I wasn't there enough or I was there too much...which way is up at this point?   so it has set me in a funk...



I am happy to find St. Dymphna...i am going to have to find some way to incorporate her in some art.  I love the pendant.  There is something about the painting that I love.  very simple.  and sweet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment