Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent...Good Health... Infant Jesus of Prague


So we are 3 days into lent...I am giving up my comfort food...all of it. I am doing the South Beach Diet for Lent. On purpose. Maybe its a shamless way to try to loose weight...but there will still be some sufferage along the way right? Plus, in Lent...you want to be mindful of what Jesus went through in those 40 days...hence giving up "something". I realized in my thoughts of what I was giving up...I needed to give up the wieght I had aquired over the past two years thanks to my 15 month old daugher. And in order to do that...I will have to give up...sugar, carbs, processed foods, Starbucks, etc.... (although I found a Starbucks loop hole with the skinny chai latte...) Thats giving up a lot! I chose South Beach because I happen to have the book...with meal plans and recipes. And I am proud to say that I have stayed on track sticking to the meal plans...and I am excited to see the outcome of my health at the end of the 40 days. So, in my journey through Lent, in search of Good Health...I will lean on the Infant Jesus of Prague...who is not only the Patron Saint of Good Health but many other things including Family Life...which is so perfect. As my journey continues our regular meals will change to accomodate my meal plan...as such...they will become healthier too! This Lent may prove to be less painful than one may think!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!


    Good Health

    ReplyDelete