Monday, March 7, 2011

Time Management and Mary

This morning was such a busy morning...I had to go to the grocery store, go to a parent teacher conference, drop something off to a friend...all before my 1 year old melted down. The time she melts down is around 11am. From then on we try to stay in doors...until well...the next day. So I wondered about a Saint for time management. I found St. Peter. He is the Patron Saint for workers, including clock makers. I thought..."close enough!" Surly St. Peter has heard many a mom call upon him for a little nudge of help during those time in which we seem to have to be in several places all at the same time. Now I have read that Saint Peter is not only the Patron Saint for workers including clock makers, but also the Patron Saint of Popes...now, there is some debate on whether or not he was the "first" Pope. Apparently he acted as the Pope but was never called "Pope". Either way, he is the Patron Saint for Popes...so I am not arguing...if he was called to be the Saint for Popes...well...that says a lot about him!!! His feast day is June 29th.



Speaking of all this Saint business! I have to acknowledged a friend of mine who amazed me with her knowledge of various Saints....her name was Mary Bartlett. She had stacks of Saint prayer cards and it just so happened....what ever was going on in your life... you better believe she had a prayer card for you...if not she knew of a Saint to help you out! My favorite memory of her was when I was cleaning the chapel where Jesus rests' ... I was washing the windows...and she came in and said "The last time I washed these windows I kept hearing little giggles...then Mary came to me and said 'Jesus giggled like that when I gave him a bath too'" ....She gave me a sense of ease when she said that. I always try to remain reverent, but there are times we forget in spite of Jesus' work...he was human like us. I like to imagine Mary had to have rolled her eyes at some of the shenanigans Jesus must have done when he was a kid. It helps me appreciate being a Mother...I will never forget the gift ~both~ Mary's gave me....=)

2 comments:

  1. I often think of dear St Joseph...imagine what life was like sharing a household with the Blessed Mother & Jesus! Anything went wrong & who do you think got "the look" lol have you ever heard of St Gemma? I love posting about young saints..come visit me. Love your blog...keep posting. N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nanette! I will check out St. Gemma!

    ReplyDelete