Monday, March 7, 2011

Music....St. Cecilia




I love music. I don't play it, I like to sing a long but I don't sing solo....I love to become in engulfed in music. I love the musical Les Miserables...what a story....oh my word! There are so many casts...I don't have a favorite...I could listen to "On My Own"...."Bring Him Home"...."Master of the House"....ALL DAY. I love it. But I am an avid listener. I can't tell you when a certain song came out...what number they were on the charts...however I could probably tell you the name of the singer/band when I hear one bar....




So of course I searched for the Saint for Music... Saint Ceclia....she sang to God as she was dying. WOW! She is the Patron Saint for Musicians, instument makers and poets as well. She has an amazing story.....a little on the gory side...but we'll keep it light. All to say, she died a martyr...and after 4 attempts of her death she finally passed after taking communion. She is said to have the song of the Lord in her heart. I can relate somewhat...I am not sure I am as spiritual but I have a love of music that often times makes me feel like I am outside of my body when I hear Ava Maria or Moonlit Sonata...and yes...truth be told I feel the same way with the retro and modern music like...Janes Addiction or Duran Duran. I love the escape. I wonder if that was the same with St. Ceclia.


Not to mention when my priest prepares the Eurcharist during Mass...I can float in the music of thier voices (okay some of them...not all Priest's were given ribbon like voices...but luckily God isn't picky...) but that is my favorite moment in Mass...when its quiet....and we are all about to take part in another Last Supper...is amazing...and I am so glad music is a part of it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment